Relics in Time!

From Massive Chalice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Relics in Time! is a random event where a hero tells you of having a dream of jumping into the Chalice, being transported to a different time, and finding a family heirloom.

Outcome summary[edit | edit source]

Choice Time Chance Outcome
Allow the hero to go 5 to 25 years 75% WHOOSH!: Hero goes on journey. See the table below.
none 25% Whoops: Hero becomes Withdrawn.
Forbid the hero to go none 33.3% Listen to What You Just Said: No change.
33.3% A Strong Exit: Hero becomes Disheartened.
5 to 25 years 33.3% hero name!!!!!: Hero goes on journey anyway. See the table below.

Journey outcomes[edit | edit source]

Time Chance Outcome
5 to 25 years 25% Relic Retrieval!: Hero returns with a random relic.
25% The Chalice Giveth and the Chalice Taketh Away: Hero returns with a random relic and becomes Infertile.
25% Gazed into the Abyss!: Hero returns Shellshocked with white hair.
none 25% The hero never returns.

There are no further text updates from the event after the hero leaves should he or she never return; he or she is simply lost forever.

Start[edit | edit source]

Relics in Time!

hero name has barged into the throne room and can't stop babbling. "I've had the most wondrous dream! There was a full moon and I was standing above the Chalice and I jumped in, but instead of being transported to a battle, I was sent to another time! And I found an heirloom from my family that I thought was lost ages ago! It was so real that--" Your mind blanks out as you realize the moon is full tonight. What do you do?

  • Allow hero first name to transcend space and time in search of this Relic.
  • Forbid hero first name from transcending space and time

The hero will be randomly selected from those that are not Disheartened, Shellshocked, or Withdrawn. If there are no such heroes in the retinue, this event won't trigger.

Allow the hero to go[edit | edit source]

Outcomes[edit | edit source]

There are two possible immediate outcomes. The first has a 75% chance of occurring while the second has a 25% chance.

WHOOSH!

hero first name jumps into the Chalice and is whisked away in an explosion of energy! As the smoke clears, you hope that this journey doesn't take too long.

hero name has been removed from your retinue

The journey will take between five to twenty-five years. See below for the possible outcomes.

Whoops

hero first name jumps in... but nothing happens! After some muffled laughter, the hero manages to escape the Chalice and without a word, quickly runs out of the throne room.

hero name has gained the Withdrawn personality.

Forbid the hero to go[edit | edit source]

Outcomes[edit | edit source]

There are three possible immediate outcomes, all equally likely.

Listen to What You Just Said

hero first name respects your decision and calms down. "I should get some rest."

A Strong Exit

hero first name storms out of the throne room and makes sure to slam the doors on the way out, though it takes several seconds due to how large and cumbersome they are.

hero name has gained the Disheartened personality trait.

hero name!!!!!

hero first name ignored your order and has jumped into the Chalice anyway, disappearing in an explosive blast of energy and smoke. You let out a long and disgruntled sigh.

hero name has been removed from your retinue

The journey will take between five to twenty-five years. See below for the possible outcomes.

Hero goes on journey[edit | edit source]

Outcomes[edit | edit source]

There are four possible outcomes, all equally likely.

Relic Retrieval!

A loud rumbling jolts you awake followed by an explosive pop from the bowl of the Chalice. There's a crunch and a cry of pain as a smoky figure lands before you. hero name has returned! And with a glorious new relic in tow!

hero name has returned and gained the Relic weapon relic name.

The Chalice Giveth and the Chalice Taketh Away

A loud rumbling jolts you awake as an explosion of energy erupts from the bowl of the Chalice and plants a smoky figure in front of you... /VAR_1/ has returned! And with the Relic, relic name! However instead of the excitement you expected to see, hero first name's face is scrunched in discomfort. "Something happened on my way to transcendence."

hero name has returned, gained the Relic weapon relic name, and gained the Infertile trait.

Gazed into the Abyss!

A loud rumbling jolts you awake as an explosion of energy erupts from the bowl of the Chalice and plants a smoky figure in front of you. Unfocused, bloodshot eyes meet yours and you realize that hero name has returned! Or some battered, fidgety, dead-eyed person that looks like hero first name.

hero name has returned, gained the Shellshock status, and their hair has turned white!

The final possible outcome has no text or notification associated with it; the hero simply never returns from the journey and is lost forever.