Relics are a special type of equipment in Massive Chalice. They can be created when a hero carrying a base, non-researched weapon falls in combat, or dies of old age. Relics can also be received through random events. Relics are characterized by a high critical hit chance and improve as the hero carrying them fights, but can only be passed within the House of the original owner.
Relics tend to be dropped by heroes that earn enough kills to receive a nickname. Make sure to give last hits to heroes with the relic weapon. Every experience point your hero gets is also granted to the relic. A high level relic will make the end of the game a lot easier.
If the House dies out, the relic is placed in the tomb with its last representative and becomes unavailable.
Strategy & Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Early on, focus on repeatedly giving the kill shot to one hero until that hero gains a nickname to maximize your chance of gaining a Relic upon their death.
- Heroes retired to a Sagewright Guild will not generate a Relic.
- It can take the entire game to level a Relic to 10. Waiting too long to obtain them could make it impossible to level them to max, so prioritize obtaining Relics before worrying about leveling them. (Any two at level 10 with the others 5-8 is plenty even on Brutal.)
- Relics benefit from the 1.5 XP battle reward and the Experience Scarf.
- Relics only gain experience from kills in battle. Consider not giving the Relic to a hero better suited in a Keep/Crucible/Sagewright Guild.
- If you have 5+ relics, only bring four into battle to give future Standards/Regents/Partners valuable XP (which will in turn pass on to future generations).
- If a Relic Bloodline is in danger of dying out, you can adopt a child to prevent its loss and/or to keep it available for battle.
- Retiring a Relic-holder to a Sagewright Guild is generally a more convenient [and always more controllable] means of passing on a Relic than waiting for death. (This is especially true for Hunter and Caberjack classes, which suffer penalties in battle from Old Age.)
- A Relic's damage and critical hit % chance applies to any damage dealt by its wielder -- including AoE damage and a Hunter's Follow-Up shot.
Relic Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]