We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- A long-range cannon-like attack inflicting moderate damage to all units in its path.
- Special armor which activates after being hit, significantly reducing damage from incoming attacks for the rest of the turn.
- Fortify -- give adjacent allies additional armor.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
Bulwarks can be a meaningful threat due to the moderate damage of their ranged attack and the fact that their special armor can prevent the vanguard from killing one in a single round. It is therefore important to ensure the first attack against a Bulwark during a turn is a powerful one, as any damage will trigger the Bulwark's special armor. Any attack after that is not likely to inflict more than a point of damage. It is also likely that the vanguard will be unable to kill a Bulwark before it has an opportunity to attack, so take care to avoid lining heroes up and when possible, keep the health of heroes high enough to withstand an attack.
- The Hunter's Follow Up ability does not trigger the Bulwark's armor until after the follow up shot, making it a great choice for an opening attack.
- Knockback/Stun/Blinding effects are especially useful against Bulwarks; just make sure to stun them after your opening attack.